Red Wagon Plants, located in Hinesburg, VT, is known for high-quality organic plants and stellar customer service. Our retail crew is the face of the operation and we count on our staff to be knowledgeable, courteous, and confident. When not helping customers, people on the retail crew are moving plants all day long, restocking, and keeping the greenhouses clean and tidy. We are continuously making room in the retail greenhouses for new plants from the production greenhouses, creating displays and filling our space with color. We expect our retail crew to have a strong memory so that they can recognize our regular customers, remember plant names and also know where all the plants are located. Our retail crew is responsible for watering and maintaining plant health within the retail greenhouses. We have a fun work atmosphere with fellow plant lovers, a paid lunch break, free plants for your own garden, a living wage, and a beautiful work environment.
Interested in being a Retail Crew Member?
- You are a gardener and plant lover with a strong background of gardening in Vermont.
- You have a growing interest in perennials, annuals, container gardening, vegetable gardening, you have the confidence to give advice to beginner and more advanced gardeners.
- You are physically fit to work outdoors in all weather and lift heavy plants repeatedly.
- You are friendly, kind, and patient.
- You enjoy working in a team.
- You are able to keep your calm in a busy and crowded retail setting.
- You love plants and love talking about them!
- You can work independently and have a sense of responsibility.
- You have already worked in either a retail garden center, a vegetable or flower farm, for a landscaper or a nursery OR you have at least 5 years of experience gardening in a climate like Vermont’s.
- Seasonal Position, Mid April to June/July – we have some flexibility on end dates.
- Our open shifts are 7:30-3:30, 5 to 3 days a week, and must be available for 1 weekend shift per week.
- Full time preferred, part-time considered.
Please check out our website for more information about us – www.redwagonplants.com
If you would like to apply, please Contact Retail Manager, Lily Belisle, firstname.lastname@example.org with resume, 3 references, and a cover letter describing why you’d like to work with plants and with Red Wagon. Tell us what you love most about gardening! Show us why you want to share your love of gardening with others.